onsdag 31 oktober 2012

Thoughts about what I’ve learned the past week


The past week I’ve been reading the book The Problems of Philosophy by Bertrand Russell and also conducted an analytic review on an interesting article about mobile payment from a Journal found in the database “Web of science”.
And that was one of the first useful things I’ve learnt in this curse; how to access these great databases and access high quality journals.
Another thing I’ve learnt, since I’m referring to “high quality” is the concept of Impact factor which I hadn’t heard before.
I’ve also grasped how to perform research article critique.
However, reading the book by Bertrand Russell is what has got me thinking and wondering this week.
The second seminar gave me a lot of different approaches on Russell’s text and it helped me clarify some arguments and it was interesting discussing Russell’s reasoning.
Anyhow, I think it’s hard to “get the message” with Russell’s book, it sure got me thinking a lot but he’s arguments can often be taken another step and this often creates a circular argumentation, much like the kind Leif explained when talking about that there is no true answer to what knowledge is. But I think I can kind of conclude one thing from it which would be that one should always think critical about the sources that “supplies” us with information and weed out what can be categorized as facts and turned into useful knowledge according to your own criteria. And I think those criteria’s has been updated a bit this week..

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar